Tuesday, December 20, 2011

Last minute shopping! Yikes!

Okay. So it’s just you and me, right? Here’s the deal. I am NOT a procrastinator. Okay maybe I am a little bit but I’ll talk about that later. Truth is, December has snuck up on me as the Fall has been killer busy with over 90 performances at NC Stage and more than 5,600 tickets sold to those events, plus the education program and fundraising, (more on that in a later post). Anyway, I’m just peeking up and it’s December??? The week of Christmas??? How did THAT happen?

So I’m finishing up some work at the office and getting my Christmas shopping done. And I’m looking to you for last minute gift ideas. We’re offering $25 Anytime tickets for any of our mainstage productions the remainder of the season but Angie is already going to those. Heh, heh. There is also some great art out there and I’ve got my eye on a few things. In fact I was recently linterviewed about that in the Mountain Xpress. Check it out!

But I’m looking for something like that. Local, experiential, meaningful. Art or performances? Lessons? Memberships to cultural institutions?

So what’s the best thing you’ve either given or received that can be gotten last minute that you think that special someone I’m related to might really like? Please post a comment! I’m serious!

Charlie

6 comments:

  1. I think (for a man or a woman) receiving the gift of massage is always RIGHT on! You can never go wrong with body work--especially during the stressful holidays. I personally love to receive a homemade/handmade gift. Something that is thoughtful and memorable whether it's a framed photo, a knitted scarf, an art or craft--any gifts that showcase my talented friends is always a pleasure to receive. Though this year, since joining a roller derby team, I am seriously hoping Santa brings me some really good knee pads!

    ReplyDelete
  2. My former roommate took an Indian cooking class that she said was really fun. I know I benefited when she brought home leftovers.

    ooh, I know! Tickets to the Rush tribute band that plays at the Orange Peel! (...oh, wait, that's a better present for Charlie...)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Person with the best gift idea wins free tix to spring season of NCST. Gift ideas eligible through New Year's Day; afterall, Charlie, there is something to those 12 days of Xmas.

    John

    ReplyDelete
  4. The most unusual thing I've ever received was a box inside a box inside a box containing an IOU for a better present. I wouldn't recommend going that route... How about a gift certificate to a place downtown? I just tried out the Storm Rum Bar and Bistro, and I loved the atmosphere (and the food)!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Try a wintertime fly through the air at Asheville Zipline Canopy Adventures, adjacent to the Crowne Plaza Resort. Since you've been so busy, you probably missed enjoying any of the other regional zipline tours that have all closed for the season, but AZCA is open throughout the winter. It's great fun for all ages, 10 and older (they've had folks as old as 90 on their tours). Great gift idea for most anyone on your list. (And gift certificates can be had for the other zipline canopy tours the company owns at the Nantahala Gorge, the Pigeon River, the Ocoee and the Chattooga, as well as their whitewater rafting, yurt camping, Jeep waterfall tours, etc - all fun outdoor adventures.)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks everyone for the ideas! Still working on it! I'm intrigued. How about a massage while taking an Italian cooking class after seeing a Rush cover band all while camping in a yurt?

    ReplyDelete